Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 27: French Final

I got up early this AM to meet Whitney to go over our french final. It seemed like we had everything down pretty well. I wasn't that nervous at all, considering the fact that our actual teacher would not be grading us and the substitute that was did not speak a lick of english. We walked in, sat down, and began our gig. After the end of our prepared conversation, the woman politely said, "Switch!", and smiled. We asked what she meant, and it was clear that she wanted us to switch roles. We didn't know what to do because we weren't prepared for that! However, we winged it and did a pretty dang good job at it! I'm pretty sure we aced it, but not everyone can get an A with the French grading system, so I have no idea how we did compared to everyone else. Oh well! After this, we had a whole THREE hour lecture on bread. Biggest waste of time. I don't even remember much because the lecturer was extremely boring and I couldn't pay attention. All I really learned was that french bread is healthier and better than american bread because our government makes us fortifye ours with nutrients and fat content. Oh well. Mrs. Bairds would have smacked down that professor; I'm sure she's rolling over in her grave. After this, headed home with a bottle of wine that was given to the students as gifts from ESA. Tonight I hung out with Elly and her friend, Yassin. We drank some cassis liqueor and then came to find out that it had no alcohol in it yet and host mom got a big frustrated with that. Tyler came over and we watched YouTube videos of Jay Leno and tried explaining American life to the french. It's a dead end. They'll just have to come and see for themselves. Don't think I could live in Europe. I can't wait to get home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment