Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 25: La Baule

Today, Sunday, was my last free day in France. So, what better way to end my last free weekend than a trip to La Baule and the beach! I met up with some other students at the train station in Angers early this morning around 8:00, walked there. We got a pretty sweet deal on tickets; five tickets for 40 euros! It was pretty sweet. The train ride seemed like it took forever. For some reason, we thought that it would only take about an hour to get there, actually, it took two. We got off the train in this pretty tiny, quaint, city with some pretty aesthetic architecture. We decided to meet up with some other students who had stayed the weekend there. We walked down the main drag, met up with them, and baught some lunch at this sandwhich shop. The sandwhich was inexpensive, huge, and delicious. Filled me for the day. After this, we finished the walk up the main street and came to the seawall, and there it was, the gorgeous beach. I immediately took tons of pictures! It was great. The ocean was crystal blue, people everwhere, some topless that shouldn't have been, etc. We got down to the beach and the first thing that I noticed was that the sand was sparkeling. I think the mineral content of the sand made it do that. It also made the water sparkle. I hadn't seen anything like that before. The water was pretty chilly, but I numbed up to it pretty quickly. We laid out, got sunburn, drank some drinks, and stayed through the entire day. Near six o'clock, we headed back to the station and ate galettes at a nearby restaurant. Mine was egg, ham, and cheese. Was delicious. Got on the train, headed back, and got home just in time for dinner (ugh...I had to eat AGAIN, but it was good). Elly made pasta with some white onion sauce. Was also delicious. Went to take a shower and realized I was as red as a lobster. Let the peeling begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment